View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
He took an already good Roush platform and made it better. It's proven to perform, so not sure how it's overrated in your book. He knows what he is doing, which is why he actually helped develop and design the GT500 TVS. Not sure why you don't like VMP. It's overpriced because he doesn't have the ability to make it a mass production like kit like Whipple and Roush can afford to do. But for the support in both install, tuning, and everything you have access to with Justin, I think it's worth it.
I never said I didn't like VMP, but the VMP kit is the latest trendy rage by young Stangers who don't get it. In order to take full advantage of the VMP kit you need a fully built motor, a full fuel system, twin disc clutch and a built transmission. Even then you are at block spiltting power levels. There are no blocks available for these cars yet that can reliably handle the power.

Most people who buy them, are putting them on stock motors and it's WAY overkill. It's over $2500 more than a standard roush kit which is just as capable of making motor blowing power.

If a fully built car is in your future, by all means buy the kit. If not, you're just wasting money on not using the kit in its effiency range.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote