Thread: How's your MPG?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
Rreemo

I haven't really been worried about hurting it or anything...hell if that happens this early on they'll damn sure fix it under warranty! I think more-so to me it's just that its a brand new car and I like to really get the feel for things, maybe run a tank or 2 through it before I go trying out the track apps and/or showing up at Northstar with a paper tag on it!

I know it's different than talking a new car, but I've been building engines for many years now, and I've always done the same thing with all of them....initial ring seat and break-in the cam at 3000-3500, cool it, then heat cycle it a couple more times...up to op temp at varied RPM...cool it again, change oil and filter, take a read on the plugs, and pretty much let it rip! I've never had one prematurely come apart by this method....I doubt these new ones are really any different when it comes down to it.

Speaking of MPG....my 911 did really well, clocked upper 20's pretty much all the time. The last tank I ran through it (93 octane of course), showed 26 on the dash, hand calculated just over 25....and that tank included a night at Northstar with several 1/8th mile passes.
Rreemo is offline   Reply With Quote