Thread: C6 vette vs 5.0
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #40
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Ohhhh, to be young.
Steve... Zeek can drive, he's one of those drive it like it's stolen peeps, the drivetrain has already been replaced. I was surprised in all actuallity, because I figured I'd have him covered... BTW he ran my wifes Y2K FRC. When he ran my 99 he had just gotten the car and I left him like his car was broken... Difference a cam and c5zheads/intake makes.

Also, my dad has an automatic 05 z51 and I have experience racing it as well (I'm buying it in a couple months)... If the one at hand is mostly stock it should make around 355-365rw. That's 40-50 more than I had racing Zeek. My dad's 05 weighs 3420 with a 3/4 tank of gas and me in it. I never weighed my wife's car (one that ran Zeek) but my optionless 99 weighed 3250 with me in it and a 1/4 tank. So there is about 100-130 more lbs in a c6 z51 than a light weight FRC. My wife's has crossdrilled brakes and heavier wheels, as well as power seats hud etc. On a guess I'd expect my race weight racing Zeek to be around 3250-3300. I had NO gas in the car as I usually do on the street.

If the c6 driver can drive, on a qtr mile the race will be decided by reaction time and 60 foor (traction). On the freeway the c6 should win by at least a car at 150ish. On a road race track, you are going to get smoked unless you are the Stig and your bro has special needs.