Thread: Mt-82 issues
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #12
PCB

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
You are correct, Jeff has nothing to do with the service department, he is in New Car Sales. So why contact someone that has nothing to do with the actual issue? That's like contacting the dealership about your Wendy's receipt.
That's a little drastic and well out of the realm as comparable to my argument.
If this issue was concerning a sale, then yeah it would make sense to ask for Jeff's help but, trying to get Jeff out of his element just seems like asking him to do something he isn't familiar with. And if Jeff can't come through then OP would be bashing Jeff directly and unfairly.
I look at it as Jeff is representing the board/forum. Technically a member could be seen as a potential customer or leads to a new customer. Seeing his job is customer service, I am sure putting in a word to Service wouldn't be out of line.

If Jeff can help you with service then that's great but, it shouldn't have to come to dragging him from making money in sales to go oversee a service department issue. If you were familiar with the receptionist, would you ask her to stop taking calls, to go watch over your car? Just because they all receive their checks from the same employer doesn't mean everyone there is multifaceted.
Has nothing to do with taking him away from anything. I am not asking him to stop selling cars. If he knows my car is there, and people know I talk to him more care is taken in service. Regardless of what anyone thinks it's true.

A dealership isn't operated like Walmart, where basically anyone can do almost everyone's job. I personally don't think it's fair to Jeff to ask him to go watch out for your car. That takes time from his job and his commissions. I've had my run-in with Jeff previously but, I'm all about being fair and this is not fair to Jeff. Hopefully you aren't taking this as a personal attack because it isn't.

-Alex
I am taking nothing personal. Just a slower day at work. Trying to get my point across. Jeff paid something to be a vendor here and one of the members is obviously unhappy with the level of service that his dealership provided. Jeff is a smart guy. Again I don't pull him away from his job, but I do make sure he knows and is kept in the loop. I guess it's all in "who you know". (Obviously that's unfair, but such is life)

I took my car in for deformed projections under the mirrors. Service gave it back to me during the day and said all is fixed. Come night time it wasn't fixed at all. Called Jeff and took it back up the following day where I was informed that the new improved projectors haven't been released yet but they will keep the service order open and call me when they arrive. I got notice this week it will be August.

Again if he came on the boards and said nothing about Jeff/GF being a vendor here I wouldn't have posted, but he said its "disappointing" which is unfair to Jeff.

I guess my question is, why wouldn't you let the guy who is a Vendor on this forum know you are having problems getting good service, before making a thread about it and/or shooting him a PM. Jeff is in sales, true but he does have friends in every department to make sure you treated fairly, and you can be honest with the guy.

Last edited by PCB; 04-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote