View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
saunupe1911

Default Raxiom OE-Style Navigation system vendor installation suggestions

Finally got the Raxiom NAV installed. Its definitely worth the price. The NAV is quick and accurate with free updates. All SYNC features work flawlessly and in some ways better. Backup camera is one of the best I've seen. Audio/Video is available via RCA cables.

But my initial experience with the purchase was horrible. First of all, UPS lost the package due to bad weather. I took it to Car Toys Lewisville last weekend like a damn fool! They charged $245 for the complete install, which was still a rip off in my opinion. Also they left things incomplete such as tying off the the fragile AC and SYNC modules. They did do a good job of installing the camera which was placed right in between the rear license plate lights. But Raxiom sent me a lemon. The screen never came on. I went home took apart the dash to check Car Toys work. Everything was hooked up as shown in the instructions. I called AM and told them that I needed a replacement next day air. Also the damn things were sold out again!! I demanded some type of compensation from all the heartache so they sent me a $50 gift card. Welp AM got their next stock in this past Fri and received yesterday. I popped out the old unit with the new unit myself in that perfect weather. I routed the AV and USB plug through my glove compartment and tied everything off properly on the inside. Stay way from Car Toys Lewisville (or any other install shop) and do this install yourself especially if u don't need the awesome backup camera.

Correction video in motion is available via the AUX plugs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393789378.577795.jpg (31.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393789405.412341.jpg (28.0 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by saunupe1911; 03-03-2014 at 11:16 AM.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote