View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
El_Tortuga

Home alignment for me.

You can do the PHB adjustment with nothing more than a couple of strings, a tape measure, and a couple of weights (I used nuts).

You could do it with less, but I bought a $200 smart camber gauge for camber and caster. It's more than paid for itself. I level the car on the garage floor with some linoleum tile stacks. I do toe with jack stands and strings.

Because I'm not on the clock, I fiddled with setting to get them pretty much exactly where I wanted. I.e. within a tenth of a degree and checked/rechecked to confirm my adjustments and measurements. Alignments shops I used called it good if it was "within factory spec" which is a pretty broad window and then adjust for steering wheel position/ tracking with toe.

Also have my measurements recorded for quick change between street and track settings. It takes me about 40 minutes to change tires, adjust shocks, camber (toe changes with this adjustment), and put all my tolls back away. Street car to autocross/track and back about 18-20 times per year.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote