View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Crimson600+HP

Default Crimson's 2013 Boy Racer GT

I figured I would get on making one of these threads, bragging about what I have done to my car. One thing I have been proud of is that I have done most of the work myself (outside of the ProCharger, tuning, and welding). I originally bought a 2013 V6 Premium Track Package, which I put most of the power adders on but it was never enough power (sorry V6 guys). It is a great car, but now I know just to buy the biggest engine I can afford.

In February 2013, I traded the V6 in for this beast. 2013 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, 3.31 rear end, with Recaros. All I lost on the trade in was the taxes as I got a good deal on the purchase price and my trade in. Here she is as I bought her.

The first thing I tackled were the immediate things we all want. A little more growl out of the exhaust and a couple exterior mods to make it our own. Started with Borla S-Type's and some new badges and vinyls.

Then I signed up for my first every HPDE event with my car as stock as it could be. From there, I got hooked on Road Events and knew the direction I wanted to go with my car. Drag racing was not that much fun to me, doing car shows are too boring, and autocross was too short.

After this event, I went straight to the suspension. I ripped out everything, shocks/struts, springs, panhard bar/brace, LCA, UCA/UCA bracket, and sway bars. In went, Steeda Pro-Actions, FRPP Springs, Fays2 Watts Link, SVE LCA's, BMR UCA & bracket, and Hotchkis sway bars. After spending a lot of time in the garage under my car, my suspension was near finished. Oh, also threw on a GT500 spoiler.

The next set of modifications went a little more random. Some appearance, some performance, some just wasting some money and time. Went for some MRT Rear Window Louvers as I think they add a real muscle car vibe to the cars. Also had some custom badges to replace the GT Faux Gas Cap Cover from Billet Badges. Through on a Bama tune cause I got them for free then went to the Dyno.

After this set of mods, I just started running as many HPDE events as I could, hitting up Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. Replaced my brake fluid to DOT4, added a JLT Brake Cooling Kit, front tow points, and put on some Hawk race pads. Just driving the piss out of it as much as I could. After this, I realized tires are expensive so I picked up an extra set of '05-'09 GT500 wheels that could clear my Brembos. I haven't wrapped them in new rubber, but I am looking at some 285/35/18's here in the near future.

Then I decided go big or go home. Came across a deal on a ProCharger Stage II P1SC kit with installation and I couldn't let it go. Went into some premature debt, but being boosted has been the best modification I have ever done on any vehicle.

After that, there has been some small things. But mostly just enjoying her. Right now, I have her in the hands of Jeff Smith out with Central Texas Performance welding in my BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Roush BAP, and doing a dyno tune to smooth out that safe tune I got from ProCharger. Should be getting her back tomorrow and can't wait to see what the new numbers are for my baby!

Car recently got a little attention from Steeda as I made it on their Facebook and Google+ pages.

And here is how she sits before I took her down to CTP. I am sure I missed a lot in the description of my car, but it will eventually come to me. Next will be the new rubber on those older GT500's wheels, along with installing a handheld fire extinguisher bracket as I am prepping to run the Texas Mile next March. Crossing my fingers that I am able to sign up before all the slots are taken up!

ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 01-17-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote