View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
BlackStang08

I know what you are going through...The internal stock parts for the trannies are hard to come by. I am surprised they just didn't swap out a remanufactured one since its warranty work? Did you ask them that?

In my case I took my car to a trusted mechanic that is better than the dealer, imo. I broke a gear inside the tranny. It was A LOT cheaper for me to have the tech order that part and replace it, knowing the long lead time; then paying for a factory Ford remanufactured trans or a new one, both in stock and they could have me in my car in 3 days.

Ended up taking a little over a month to get all the Ford parts needed to be replaced due to back orders and long lead times. Man I was getting pissed. I assume they got you in a rental?

Don't think they are padding for money. They only can charge for work performed not for the car sitting. If they completed the trans, screwed up the install and are sending it out, it's costing them money now.

In any case, since they screwed up after you waiting all that time they should compensate you with free oil changes or something.

600rwhp 550rwtq - 93 Octane Tune

Last edited by BlackStang08; 02-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote