View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #24
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by aaron@jpcracing View Post
Give me a shout if you're looking to start throwing some mods on your car.

I might be able to work you up a package deal so we can get it all done at once
Def hit you up. I got some cash stowed away so Im gna be buying something soon. Just want to do my reasearch first.

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
Fortunately, I've got a smoking deal on ALL of my parts. Boss intake, JLT CAI, VMP tune, Dynatech Long tubes, full 3" exhaust with o/r xpipe and Magnaflow mufflers. I'm happy with all of the mods, but just understand there wi be a torque loss with a Boss intake. I lost 22 ft lbs...the only reason why I bought is because I plan to go FI. Congrats on the car! When the Mod Bug bites, it bites hard :-)
Was the loss extremely noticable? Was it worth the Tq loss? I Plan on going the same route that you have except for the headers.
Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
what gears do you have?

i have 3.73s and it didnt feel like i lost much torque at all. maybe its because once i get into it, when i shift gears, it puts me right in the sweet spot of the next gear.
I have 3:31's. It sounds like 3:73's are needed for the Boss intake.
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
The Boss intake is worthwhile when you are spinning it over 6500 rpm. At anything under that, you are making less power and getting worse mileage than a stock GT intake. You will get good times if you aren't scared to rev the piss out of your engine all the way down the track.
Arent you supposed to rev the piss out of it going down the track? LOL
Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
i have dyno graphs for before and after i put on the boss intake, i thought i had them in my photobucket but i dont. however, i agree, the boss intake makes the most power from 6500, where the stock intake starts to taper off, but the amount of power loss under that is negligible compared to a stock intake. then once you put other parts that add HP, that difference goes away real quick. IMO

i know one thing, i wont be putting the boss intake on with my Paxton. As it is the stock IM + Centrificals make peak power at 7300-7400. Adding a Boss IM will raise peak RPM power to 8K+.
I can see where a Boss intake wouldnt be good for that powerband. You should sale me yours now.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote