View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
Steve, why do you say that the VMP has more potential than the Roush and will not heatsoak as much? I like that you answer posts but you have none of these kits on your car and you seem to only talk about the ones you favor at the time. In truth the VMP, Roush and Magnuson TVS kits all use the same Eaton rotors in them. This basically means the casing is the difference. Then from there it goes to installation. I know you said you like VMP because you don't have to splice any wires, but hell you don't have to do that with the Magnuson either. If ease of install is what you want as far as I am aware the Magnuson is the easiest of the TVS' to install. Did mine in about 3.5 hours from start to finish.
The VMP kit simply doesn't heatsoak like a regular Roush kit will. With its greater cooling mods, big AFCO fans and more efficient intercooler it's runs quite abit cooler than other kits by design. Starkey purposely designed the kit for high temp road course action to whereas the normal Roush kit doesn't share those same components.

I fully understand why you have the Magnuson unit. Anyone here in your position would have done the same thing buying that kit for what you paid for it! Had you had to pay full price like the rest of us, I seriously doubt you would have bought that kit for one that has more potential. The Magnuson is by far and away the most inferior of all the kits available for the Mustang. The reason the kit so easy to install is because the intercooler is so small there is no modifications needed to slide it in. If Magnuson was serious about performance for that blower they would support it better, hell they would have given it a proper inlet to flow some air, but they didn't.

Any blower is fun for these cars, including yours. It's just not ever going to be the go to choice for Stangers for many reasons.

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
Thanks Steve. I alresdy have a tuner- the Paxton sounds best when I feel confortable letting $5k go.

I don't race on the street, just want the power for myself and I'm used to turbo feel.
Awesome. I don't think you can go wrong with either blower really. With the large powerband of these cars being able to spin them so high I'm sure that big 2200 head unit will be a blast to drive!

Originally Posted by 2011gt/cs View Post
I obviously can't answer for Steve, but the reason why I would think he said the VMP has more potential is because of the stage three you can buy. The stage 3 is good for 800rwhp out of the box. It's pretty much plug and play. Has ID injectors and the heatsoak thing, VMP has their heat exchanger which works very well. It also has the JLT CAI standard and option for bigger TB as well as comes with the ported inlet and elbow. It's basically everything you need wrapped up into one whole package at a pretty decent price.
Precisely.

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
I vote procharger but that's just me. Have always loved them. Had one for a bit on my fox coupe. Plus they sound the best lol
Can't stand the root style sound
They are certainly very loud. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote