View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Flake out? Seems funny to me that you won't get anywhere near a track out of fear of being as slow as the people you make fun of. I'd probably make it to more "meets" if it involved something more than standing around in a parking lot, playing fake golf, getting drunk in a bar, or watching MMA on PPV. Anytime you have a car GTG and everyone there has a cold engine, you're doing it wrong.

LOL, right. That's exactly why I don't go to the track. Gimme a break. hahahaha. Sorry Danny, been there , done that. I spent many, many weekends at the trackfor years racing, breaking shit and wasting tons of time/money all in the pursuit of magical ET numbers that at the end of the day mean nothing. I've been faster in a daily street stang than you have ever been.I apologize if my boredom with it offends you. haha. When the group track event comes about, I will be there to have a good time like usual. But I'm not going to go out of my way to the track just to get some ET slips to impress you. lol. I frankly just don't have time with a wife, a daughter and another one on the way to waste every weekend being a track whore. I also have other hobbies as you well know that take up my rare free time. I have to pick and choose what to do with my time.

As far as the other GTG's it seems to me everyone else has a good time so it must be you who that can't seem to lighten up just to have fun. I'm not a fan of "bar" gtg's myself but I still go when I can (and I don't drink either) to have a good time with the group as long as it's not one of those nasty smoke filled places. Top Golf was really fun, you're just being a Negative Nancy there. It's golf and a video game smashed together. It's actually fun.

If it's hanging out in a parking lot, at Top Golf or some restaraunt watching a UFC or whatever else, it's fun because it's an exuse together to have a good timewith the group building friendships and that is what it's all about. It's too bad for you can't lighten up to enjoy the expeirence because you're missing out on some good people. Maybe you should just stick to long road trip vacations with other men. lol.

Last edited by Grandpa; 03-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote