View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
damn, that was a while ago. if your free this weekend we can finish your video.

dyno graphs mean nothing.
I'm down homie. This weekend is pretty much open for me with exception of Saturday afternoon from noon-5pm.

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
Not trying to take anything away from Kevin's 1,204,483 Incredible wheel setup, BUT!

Is it just me or is the 315 rear just not doing the same justice it used to? I know it has alot to do with the car what with the 03/04 Cobra guys running 335 and 345! But I know a 315 takes some work on these 11-14 5.0s Is it just me or would Junkies 375 rear tire from the slow ass Viper look killer on this?
It's about balance and the lines of the car. If you look at the sidewalls of the tires, they are already starting to bulge ever so slightly. I can guarantee you Kevin would not put anymore tire on that wheel because sidewall bulge is not only ugly, but unsafe. He would need to widen the wheels at the very least to fit that much tire if not have to alter the fenderwells which I'm sure he doesn't want to do hacking up the car. Besides, running that much tire really isn't necessary to go fast, it looks cool, but not needed.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
If you say so.

-Alex
He's correct, dyno numbers mean absolutely squat. Only this latest generation of car guys are obsessed with peak dyno numbers as a measuring stick for performance not understanding peak numbers don't mean squat. (mind you most of them don't know SHIT about cars other than what they read online with NO first hand experience turning wrenches themselves.)
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote