View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #24
Crimson600+HP

Didn't have a chance last night to pull the plug, but this morning I was able to talk with CTP. Jeff down there is rather optomistic about the plug or coil being bad based on some attributes of my car. Whenever it is cold, it has always had a weak idle almost sounding like I had a real aggressive cam or lope idle tune. So this check maybe the root cause of the cylinder 8 misfire for me. The plugs were replaced to NGK plugs that were a step colder when I put the ProCharger on so there is a chance that something isn't right. This afternoon I will clear the code, run it for a while and see if it comes up again. Based on that, we will check out the plugs, then if looking good we will swap out the coil pack and plug in a different cylinder to see if it throws a code again.

I am staying optomistic right now based on our conversation though. I just wished it would have been a different cylinder that misfired, then I would have alot more peace of mind lol.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote