View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:37 PM   #2
sccarally

Late news on the DFW MAP RALLY, Aug.19

The first bit of news is that the start has been moved up from 9am to 10am….an extra hour of sleep on rally day!

The rally is sub-titled "The Grapeful Dead Tour" because all of the scoring points are at cemeteries, wineries, or vineyards.

At Clay Cooley VW in Richardson, park East of the Service Department (enter off Jackson St.), and walk into the showroom.

At registration, you will receive a written “Safety Briefing,” and your odometer check instructions. You may leave immediately on the odo check run.

At Crow's Country Cafe in Anna, after you determine your route, you may leave in any order...just check in with the starter to have your odo recorded.

I have visited Crow’s Country Café. How did such a big place get in such a small town? I’m sure we will all enjoy it. I made up my own route, and drove it. The best route I could figure out used some familiar Collin County roads, and some I had never seen. Nothing I chose from the map turned out to be unpaved, or particularly rough. Your choices may vary!

If you tried recently to pre-register and could not, do it now: it has been fixed!
sccarally is offline   Reply With Quote