View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #33
DirtyD

Originally Posted by thelandshark View Post
I think ur tune was a Lil weak jay is a good racer don't get me wrong but I don't see that intake killing u that much k&n makes very good parts maybe get a new tune and retry are have jay load his race tune an see what happens
Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Derek, my car is a 14' thank you very much :-) lol. Had to say it. Second.. great runs again. Wasn't much of a differences but after looking at your intake design I personally don't like it. I choose steeda because I called bama and asked them what they made/seen more power out of, steeda or the jlt. They told me their stock 13' dynoed 370hp after steeda and bama tune it dynoed 408hp with jlt and bama tune it dynoed 403 so really no difference. Could of simply been IAT were hotter. So I personally would run either or over the k&n. Also I've never heard of JPC Racing so I can't really say anything about their tunes. Just don't see ppl tunning them. I have been extreamly pleased withy bama tune(performance, only ran race on the track) and would support them in an argument(to a point bahhhaa)
Haha. I'm stupid. Haha.

Those dynos were in STD I'm sure, so SAE would've shown less of a gain, so it was just a marketing scheme to inflate numbers a little more.

JPC is kind of a East coast equivalent to AED. JPC are well known in the community, and have some of the fastest Coyotes being races at the strip.

As for the K&N design, since I have the same size area around the MAF location, I don't think I'm getting an advantage with more air like you are with the larger tube, which again is back to the "no tune required" ordeal.

I really think had I not missed 5th on the first run, that would've been a damn close one.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote