Thread: 2015 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
So let me get this straight. Ford integrates the cats into the headers now, so you MUST buy longtubes if you want to get rid of the cats,
You would "have to" buy headers to ditch the cats, but now you can keep your stock down tubes. Doesn't that beat buying longtubes AND a mid-pipe?

power increase by onle 15hp and tq increase by only 10hp,
This is model changeover 101. Upgrade to a new platform and bring over slightly modified drivetrains. The big changes will come in a few years. Besides, this year they are heralding the introduction of EcoBoost in the Mustang so they don't want to take away from that with a high-power V8.
it's uglier and weighs more as well? Thank God I have a S197.
Styling is subjective but I think that car will really appeal to people in their mid-late 20s that are getting their first good job and coming out of the tuner scene. You know - the people that most of us were ten years ago.

For the record, I'm keeping my '12 GT. But if something happens to it, I'll be eyeing the new Mustang for sure. I'll also be eyeing C6Zs, lmao.