View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Do your homework before presenting a DV claim. First, get it repaired by a reputable shop. Second, go to 3 or even 4 Ford dealerships and get numbers for clean trade and numbers for trades with an accident like yours. See a sales manager. While you are there, ask each manager how it will affect the retail price if they were selling with a prior accident. Third, take this info and make a claim for the $ amount you think is fair, maybe a little high to leave negotiation room. Present this to the other insurance carrier rep.

I will tell you that most carriers will not pay DV on a car until it is sold and DV can be calculated with an actual number.

It IS worth a try though. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Diminished Value Claim is an option, but don't get your hopes up. Just because you file doesn't mean the others guys insurance will pay and if approved it wont be what you're expecting. I've been down this road before and there's a few things you should know. You will need appraisal of your car before the wreck & after the repairs are done, before any consideration of money is given. Pre-accident private party value will work as well IE NADA, KBB.
A GT500 rear sounds great, but may not be worth as much to a dealer or PP vs just repairing to what it was pre-accident.
If you go this route keep us posted as id be interested to see how it plays out.
A previous member filed a DV claim after he was rearended back in late 2012. He ended up winning, settling for a certain dollar amount. He never sold the car, and it may have been because the damage to the car was so substantial, it was constituted. He has like $13-$14k in repairs, on a car he still owed over 20k for.

I was just offering this as an option, not telling him to do it without a doubt. Of course you have to do your homework as stated.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote