View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #186
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by M3AN 1 View Post
What's crazy to me us if I eat crap foods or try to sneak in a soda my stomach gets upset now lol. My body don't like the fatty foods much anymore

My salads are normally around 300-350cal, tiny bit of cheese, ham and 1 egg.Then I'm hungry a hour or two after I eat.I try to stick with t
Chicken breast or thin cut porkchops. I can eat two chicken breast and be less calories then a crap salad.
It's because your body is now at a very high acidic level. Your system is so taxed that your body is trying to fight off just about anything your throw at it due to all the excess acid/weight. It's what your body does to protect its vital organs.

To lower your acidic level, stay away from any kind of processed food (pasta, breads, dairy) and red meat and reduce your portion size of your white meats. Your body is struggling to digest what you are giving it and creating more acid.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
You do realize he said he is trying to BUILD muscle while losing fat right? You can't possibly increase muscle mass while maintaining the same amount of protein.

Fat and protein are not the same. Losing weight as fat doesn't help him build muscle. It will help him burn fat AND muscle even if he maintains 1 gram protein/pound of body weight.

-Alex
It's near impossible to build muscle while on a calorie deficit. Eating what he NEEDS will allow him to maintain what he has while cutting weight. Anything more than that will just be a waste and slow his weightloss progress.

Wouldn't it be best to drop weight first, then start lifting?

Atleast that's what I plan to do, I noticed when I lifted and tried to drop weight it didn't work to well for me.
In my opinion from my experience, you should do both. I'm in the same boat as you having a lot of weight to lose. As you lose weight, you want to maintain the amount of muscle you currently have. After all, the more muscle you have the more fat you can burn.

The way Dominic and Blownaltered are thinking isn't really wrong persay, it's just a leaner guy's way of thinking rather than a very heavy persons way of doing things. Us big guys can't approach things like the little guys do. If we did, it would take 5-6 years to get anywhere with weight loss. lol.

Good luck, if you don't have alot of weight to loose it makes sence to try and build and loose at the same time. I have nearly 100 lbs I want to loose so I just look at things a little different I guess.
Exactly. When you're so overweight the focus should be on learning how to eat cleanly and getting more active. Eat clean, burn more calories than you take in. Pick shit up, and put it down. Keep it simple in the beginning. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail later.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote