View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Eaglei532 View Post
where does the polishing enter into the wash-clay-wax cycle? is it done by hand? how often?
Depends on the condition. You can do it by hand or with a Porter Cable if you want. It's just personal preference really. Polishing is much easier to the Porter Cable though. The only way to tell what your car needs right now is to look at it.

As for maintence, it depends on how often your car is exposed to the outdoors, driven in bad weather etc.

I've owned mine 6 months now, only washed it twice. I put one coat of Colonite845 on it every month or so and the rest of the time I use Wizards detail spray. My car is pretty much new still, garaged 90% of the time and I try not to drive it bad weather if I can help it.

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Depends how bad it is... If I'm going to show my car, I do wash, clay, polish, clay, wax, and detail spray to help get all the wax off the nooks and crannies.

I usually just spend a buck at the qtr wash and use high pressure water and air dry. Lmao

If you want to throw a few hundo at me I can bling your car up. Prob take me 3 full days for exterior only, and another full day on interior.

The only way I air dry a car is if I go make a 100mph pass down the highway! lol. Water spots and hard water stains drive me insane. I can't stand it.

And a few "hundo"? Good lord Matt. lmao!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote