View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #30
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
in my opinion, looking strictly from a causation standpoint, there are three available culprits if something truely is wrong with your motor. 1) bad luck+pushing a stock coyote motor on boost at the track over time, 2) the ctp tune, or 3) the procharger canned tune. Or, it could be combination of all three.

I understand you took a risk when you went boost. However, if it were me and i had to point a finger at someone or something and bad luck (#1 above) was not an option, i would look at ctp.

To me, it is only logical. Your car did not have any check engine lights and your car didn't randomly lose power before they tuned it. They tuned it and 20 miles later, you are losing power and popping a check engine light. But, that's just a simple causation conclusion. In the legal world, the length of time between two events, with one event potentially being a producing cause of the later event, can be evidence of causation. The closer in time, more likely the earlier event was a producing cause of the later event.

But, hopefully it's only a plug and no fingers have to be pointed.
agreed. Everything was fine and as soon as it was touched someting happens.

Last edited by re-rx7; 01-28-2014 at 04:12 PM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote