View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #64
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Trust me I know where your coming from but I have no desire to try and compete with guys running 1000hp. That's not what I'm into. Once upon a time I would have spent money to try and get there but I just want a certain power level and I will be fine. I know the 408 will make it easier but I would have to change to much stuff that I don't want to have to change.

I plan to make a plan to build both and see where I end up price wise. Since huge horsepower isn't my end goal it will most likely come down to price. If the 408 is within a certain amount of the 347 then I will start purchasing parts for it but if it is a lot more then I will stick with the 347, make my 650 to 700 hp and be happy.
It depends on what you plan to replace anyway. If you are changing the intake and headers, parts are same price for either motor... if all you need is a gd ac bracket, ill buy a new one and give you my old one. The biggest deal is the hood which you already have... if you dont want huge power, you can get a sportsman 9.5 deck block like i had for cheaper than a dart or boss block for a baby motor... the sportsman block will support 800 rw with no problems, 1000 rw with billet main caps.

I know you arent trying to make big power, but the 408 just makes more sense. If I could afford another build Id sell you my 351 shortstroke and go to a 427 in a heartbeat...