View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
sccarally

Six cars have entered the Map Rally. I'm not surprised that people are waiting, with all the unsettled weather we have been having. Two things should change that:

The long-range forecast shows May 30 to be the fifth in a string of warm and sunny days, so any ill effects from all that rain should be long gone.

And don't forget that even though MotorsportReg asks for your credit card info when you preregister there, you are not actually charged until after the event, Sunday or Monday I expect.

I test ran the rally on one dry day last week after several days of serious rain, and had no problem with the roads. My route ended up with 0.6 miles of gravel roads in one leg, and about 0.1 mile on another. No problems at all in either place. Of course you may not use the same roads that I did, but the Ellis county roads I saw were in fine shape. I'm not going to tell you how many miles I took until after the event.

So come join the Porsche, Mustang, VW, Subaru, etc. for a great drive from Wilmer to Rockett, by whatever route you think will score the most points in the least miles. msreg.com/DMR15msr is the place.
sccarally is offline   Reply With Quote