Thread: DUI's
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
03MachMe

Yep it is a HUGE problem and honestly for every one we catch there are prolly 10 on the road we didn't. That is part of the reason you see it so much is because people do it a few times and don't get caught so they think they never will. Another part of the problem is b people don't realize what a 0.08 blood alcohol concentration feels like. Any decent buzz and you are prolly at or over 0.08. But the biggest problem in my eyesbis the system. You would not believe the amount of paperwork I have to do for a dwi. Then almost everyone of them goes to court so that is another day of my time. I know a lot of officers that do not like doing them so they will not go out and look for them. Now if one falls in their lap they wont just ignore it but they don't like to go out looking for them. Until they change something and dont make us jump through so many hoops to where more officers WANT to find dwi's so more people get caught nothing will change

As far as FWPD goes they have LOTS of problems. Like officers getting caught smoking weed in the patrol car. All professions have their idiots, ours just make the news. I know at my dept we have not had a single officer arrested since I started working there. But the majority of officers that lose their certification is due to something alcohol related

And just to clarify DUI is for minors only and DWI is for anyone over the limit, over 21, or on something other than alcohol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote