Thread: DUI's
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
If your intoxicated after three beers then yes. It might make some people thing twice about doing it if the penalty is more than just a slap on the wrist and some lawyer fees. You wouldn't believe the number of times I will arrest someone for DWI and it will be there third or fourth one. the penalty obviously isn't bad enough when you have people that do it time after time and are still on the road risking peoples lives. Come out next time I work an accident where someone is killed or badly injured because someone had "3" beers and decided it was more important for them to get their car home than not risk the lives of everyone else on the road. and the penalty or street racing is the same as a DWI. Class B misdemeanor with enhancements along the same lines as DWIs...
I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment.

But I do think they need to change the rules for dwi. But I think Steve is on another planet. 1st offense should not have jail time and if it does should not extend past a week. Higher fine yes but what should that limit be 5k. How about this we charge by what you blow if you blow a .08 your fine and penalty is less than the guy that blows a .18, would that be the fair way. We do every crime like that. If you steal something under $20 dollars you don't pay the same as over $1000.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote