Thread: DUI's
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
03MachMe

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment.

But I do think they need to change the rules for dwi. But I think Steve is on another planet. 1st offense should not have jail time and if it does should not extend past a week. Higher fine yes but what should that limit be 5k. How about this we charge by what you blow if you blow a .08 your fine and penalty is less than the guy that blows a .18, would that be the fair way. We do every crime like that. If you steal something under $20 dollars you don't pay the same as over $1000.
your right we can seize your car if your caught street racing so you would lose it all together..... they just passed an enhancement last year that makes it a class A if you blow over 0.15 and the difference in theft of $20 to $1000 is that $20 would be a Class C, same as a ticket, and $1000 is a class A.

The main problem with your logic is that you think it is OK to drink and drive so you think the punishment shouldnt be that bad. until you see it in person or are affected by it personally then your mind will change. until you see a man decapitated because he decided to drive home drunk and the pain that it caused the family and his young daughter. Until you are searching backyards for the body of a child because you found a car seat in the back of that car and are unsure if the child was in the car with him or not you will never get it, and I dont expect you to. Thought process like yours where its OK to drive after drinking is the problem and until that changes nothing else will change....

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote