Thread: Tuner?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
04sleeper
King of the Multi-quotes

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I doubt he has any graphs yet. He really doesn't care about the numbers now since it's a stock car, but rather cares more about making the tune spot on.

He's picky about who he tunes for because he's got a VERY limited schedule due to his job being on the road most of the time.
Ture story.

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
I wasn't really interested in numbers per say just the curve and how everything looked. I understand being busy just thought it would be cool for a local person to tune rather than an out of state person/company
The newer 5.0's are actually much easier to tune than the older cars due to having factory widebands built in. Especially with just minor bolt on's and such. I only have the software for the new auto's. I would just go with someone like VMP. They only charge like $59 for the tune if you have an XCal 3 handheld.

He might do it, you never know. You going to switch over to E85 then? That's what he tunes for.
My fuel of choice is E85 for sure, but I can tune for anything really. I could just as easily tune for race gas, or even propane or CNG if I want. There's really no difference once you understand the principles.

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand View Post
He tuned my car for 93 and E85. Smoothest MAF curve evar!
Going to have to look over everything good and we will get it retued. I just wish we had cooler temps.

Eric still says you're slow...
LOL. Compared to his car it is. Both cars need more boost IMO.
04sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote