View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by bigwormgraphix View Post
Correct, due to the shape of the lens the tint won't lay down flat - it wrinkles up on the edges due to the curve of the lens. We have tested several different patterns/install techniques with no success.
Oh okay, thank you for the response. I figured as much but, figured I should check with the professionals.

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Are you wanting just the light to be yellow when you turn them on or did you actually want the lens to be yellow?

If you just want the light to be yellow with a clear lens, some 3000K HIDS would do the trick.

If you're looking for the lens to be yellow, maybe try a good body shop? I learned with fbodys that the BEST way to tint tail lights is to have an actual painter do it. They mix some black and clear together and it forms a tint, looks awesome. Smooth as paint and much better than the usual nightshades hack job.
That was my next question, about actually tinting the lenses. Time to search around for the guy on here that has the body shop.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT