View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #41
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I hate debt, even more so I hate wasting money. As it is, you are taxed when you earn your money. Taxed again when you spend it. Then certain people who love to run up their credit card bills want to add interest in addition to being taxed.

Leasing a car is a waste of money in my opinion. Look at your situation now, you have months left on your lease and running out of miles and now you're sweating your transportation issues.

Leasing a car is fine for people who aren't up to their eyeballs in debt and are okay knowing they will always have a payment and never own anything out right.

I don't mind spending money, I just rather be smart as possible about it and get the most for the money, not the other way around.
if I had my car purchased, Id be stuck like Chuck for another 2.5 years hoping someone would steal it so I didnt have to write a check to get something else.

Im one of those that will always have a car payment, or two, or three. Its just like I know Ill have a mortgage... its similar to rent for an apt with a write off. Having debt doesnt bother me, as I was brought up that way and thats all I know. What bothers me is not making enough damn money. Lol I wont be in my same situation forever, just the next 2 or so years or till i find another job.