View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #164
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I am certainly not as big into as most here. I don't go to a lot of meets and certainly don't drop the cash on it as a lot of people here do. Steve you are more than likely correct, that the more women become serious, the more they expect us to stop liking what we like. I think my level of committment to the hobby is within their level of tolerance.

-Alex
What I found that works for me is getting her involved and don't alienate her completely from the hobby. If we just bail on them for car stuff all the time, it just won't work out. She goes with me to stuff on occasion, we go family cruising frequently, she knows I go to the Friday night meet almost every week so there is really no discussion about it unless I change something up. I also keep it reasonable time wise meaning I don't do anything that will take up the whole weekend where she is just stuck with the kids all the time. I get time for car stuff, she gets time to do stuff she wants to do.

Also, taking an interest in her hobbies taking part in it goes a long way as well. My wife really enjoys yardwork and home projects. I absolutely hated yardwork for many years, but came to appreciate it because it makes her happy and that is all that really matters.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote