View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'm trying to figure out why you switched cars in the middle of your comparison. You started with the gt500 then went to the Boss, then back to the gt500. If your trying to compare two cars you might want to use the stats from those cars and not add in a different one half way through. Your results are not accurate when you do that.
Huh? Uh, all of the stats except the very last one were in comparison to the Boss 302. Quick review of my own post:

This car is obviously not aimed at the GT500. I'd easily take this over a Boss. Let's see: (As stated, not in comparison to a GT500 lol)

56 more horsepower Advantage = Z/28(Uh the Z/28 has far less power than a GT500, so NOT in comparison to a GT500 lol)

Almost 100 more ft/lbs of torque Advantage = Z/28(Uh the Z/28 doesn't have more torque than a GT500, so not comparing to the GT500 lol)

Undoubtedly a far sooner power delivery from the LS7 Advantage = Z/28(Still comparing the Z/28 to the Boss 302 since this is obviously not in comparison to the GT500 lol)

Power to weight for Boss is 444/3580= 0.124hp/lb, Z/28 is 500/3760 = 0.133 Advantage = Z/28(Again, this isn't true to a GT500 since that car weighs more than 3580lbs lol)

255/285s on the Boss means 1080 total contact patch, Z/28 is 1220 = Advantage Z/28(As stated in the sentence... Boss, not GT500)

Torque to weight for Boss is 380/3580=0.106tq/lb, 470/3760= 0.125 = Advantage Z/28(Not being compared to the GT500 since it makes far more than 380ft lbs of torque... oh and I said Boss in the sentence)

Oh and just adding the Camaro comes standard with carbon ceramic brakes. Those will outperform the brakes on a GT500 all day and night.(Just through that in there to point out that this car comes standard with better brakes than Ford's best Mustang so obviously the brakes would humiliate those on the "medium" level car)

Oh and who runs the AC while racing? Man I understand this is a Mustang site but damn the delusion is strong in this thread.

-Alex

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
S2k small tires? No shit? !! Wait. Doesn't it weigh 500lbs less? Bigger tires offer more contact patch so most likely any car will handle better with wider tires.
Wow, so when you comparison shop for tires, you make your decisions solely by the width for full performance aspects? You don't take into account the tires intended purpose, sidewall, manufacturer, tread design or anything else. How the fuck do you think a Corvette with smaller tires handles BETTER than a Corvette with larger tires? I guess it's safe to assume then that you would prefer to have 255 Bridgestone Blizzaks over a 225 Toyo Proxes R888 for a roadcourse lol. The Blizzaks are wider than the R888s, so they must be better for autocross and drag right LOL?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote