Thread: Z/28
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
listen...it took GM 3 yrs to play ball with with the Boss and the GT500 was king off the muscle cars for 4 yrs. Bottom line, this generation is over. Better cars are less than 3 yrs away and the Z/28 cant even be bought until March 2014!!!!!!! I take my hats off to GM for even building the car but its purely for bragging rights since the cars isnt SCCA or Grand AM compatible. Also this car is Not in the same category as the Boss due to the lack of sound deadening and thin glass. This car is closer to a Boss S than LS. Last, GM thinks this car is an engineering marvel. Its nothing but a street legal Camaro GS.R which has been around for yrs! check the specs!
I respected your post up until this
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Also this car is Not in the same category as the Boss due to the lack of sound deadening and thin glass.
Okay, so we've gone from "it's not in the same class because no AC or radio" when you can buy a Z/28 with both, to now it's not in the same class because of thin glass or sound deadening? Are you serious? No one in the Corvette community or any other forum I've been on has ever made this many excuses. C5Zs had thinner glass for windshields when comparing them to Porsche turbos, Ferrari 360s etc. No one in those forums complains about pricing either. If the car performs, it performs.

What's the next excuse? Oh, GM uses a different paint code, so it's not in the same category? Disregard all of the blatant similarities and the fact that both cars are built for the track, if the car doesn't give you a BJ then it's not in the same category.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote