View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....
LOL, wow. Clueless, totally clueless. 1500+ is enough to overwhelm ANY street chassis, AWD or not. In fact, having been in a 1100AWD GTR before, I can tell you its just as sketchy if not more so having FOUR tires spinning vs two having to guess where they are going. lol
Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos
LOL. You know that he doesn't even own the car anymore, right?

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!
Agree 100%

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos
Last year I saw two of the UGR cars blow all four tires off at 100mph+ during test runs. The owners said "fuck that!", and had UGR's hired hand drive the car cuz it scared the shit out of them! lol.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.
We'll agree to disagree. Having experienced both types of racing, I'd say you were very misinformed not having experienced one of these events.

Some of you guys are being really closed minded about this type of racing. What fun would it be if racing had just stopped at drag racing? There are MANY types of different, this is just another one and it happens to be a lot of fun! No different then 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, full mile, round tracks, road course, long runs like the Silver State Classic and so and so on. They ALL take some kind of talent and skill. To say it doesn't take a great amount of skill (and big brass balls) to drive a car that is so powerful at high speeds that's trying to come around on you the whole time and trying to kill you is complete nonsense. I love all types of racing, this is just another version of it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote