View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Other than ditching the mirrors, wing, and any other obvious drag items, isn't it mostly about keeping from piling up air under the hood? i.e. Taping/blocking up the front, leading edges, and/or helping vent it out.

I'm assuming that you can tape up a bunch of grill opening and still not have a cooling issue for a single blast?

Go fast, have fun, take pics, and don't break anything.
The first day I plan on running the car as is. No tape, no take offs or weight reduction, and my daily tune. I want to see what the car can do "stock" as it sits. Once I get a feel for the speed, launch, and as many of the other factors that I can, I will start playing with some things. Right now, I have the tape to tape off gaps and the ability to put my race tune on to eek out a couple more MPH's so I have room to improve on the second day. I am sure my first run in the morning on the second day will be my fastest so that is when I am going to tape and retune the vehicle. I'll be sure to take pics and video, just may take me a while to get everything uploaded but I will.

Originally Posted by Hagen3great View Post
How do ya like the new tires with that power? I'm about to get a set and thought about the PSS but it seems the conti DW are a better bang for the buck.

awesome setup btw! Kcco!
Thanks for the compliments. As far as the new tires, they are great. Many guys run a staggered set up with similar sized rear tires (285's) and they hook well. I run a square set up as I track it and it provides me predicatable cornering along with the ability to do a proper 4 tire rotation. I have no fitment issues either up front with my 1" drop, so 285/35/18's will fit no problem with +42 offset. The DW's hook well, but the PSS are the best in the business. So if you can swing the extra cash, get the PSS, but if you are wanting to save a couple hundred (the conti DW's have a $70 rebate or free go-pro like camera deal right now) on the purchase price of the tires, go with the Conti DW's.

I will have a more in depth review of these tires after this event as far as straight line traction. Come 17 May, I will have an even better review for their on track handling as I signed up to run Texas World Speedway again before I leave Texas this summer. Who knows, maybe the last time I ever get to run the track if they close it down.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote