View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #165
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
You have to take in protein after a work out to start helping with the rebuilding of your muscles. Steve's never really lifted a lot of weights, he has always trained martial arts so he's never really done this. As for him losing weight he has taken that path but I want to retain the muscle I have and try to replace the fat I have with muscle so I take in more protein. It's just different ways of doing it. Steve will lose weight faster his way but will lose muscle mass in the process without feeding them properly.
Yes, by all means take in protein. But you dont need extra protein at this stage. Just eat clean and hit your macros. Extra protein will be taxing to your system and your body will tackle that before attacking your fat storage. You have plenty of extra fat to burn from at this point. Get down to the mid teens bodyfat percentage wise then you can start training like a bodybuilder eating all the bro foods. Lol

With the way you are tackling it you will just end up heavier than where you started in the first place. As i said, it should be interesting to see the results from the two different approaches.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote