View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #43
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I agree and disagree. A ZR1 and a 458 are entirely comparable on a track. Similar track times, etc. Now as far as buyers cross-shopping the cars, yes I do agree with you, off-track performance is negligible as everything else about the cars are extremely different.

You very well could be correct. Truth of the matter is that Chevy has not made any statements as to what products this car would be targeting. So we could both be right or wrong. However, since there is an SS and a ZL1, I see the Z/28 fitting right in the middle of those to performance wise. Both manufacturers have an base V8(SS and 5.0GT) and a super GT model(ZL1 and GT500). The Mustang has a track only variant with the Boss 302(whether it's out of production or not for one year, it is still a relevant performance car built after 2012) so what ring would you put Chevy's contender in? The ring with the 5.0GT or in the same ring with a fighter they already have for the GT500?

-Alex
Honestly I would put the SS about the ZL1. Its got the LS7, the better brakes, etc. In my opinion the ZL1 wasn't a huge success so they went back to the drawing board and they did what they should have done in the first place. If mustang came back out with the cobra R then I think we would have a better comparison, but I don't see that happening.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote