View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by PLASMAN View Post
Get a claybar kit and some quick detailer spray and do one panel at a time. Spray down the panel and soak the clay with the spray. You just rub it on the paint in a straight back and forth motion till you covered the whole panel. Oh yeah start with a clean car, dont do this outside. You will eventually get the clay bar dirty, so you have to knead it and work it so its as clean as possible. When your done with a panel run your finger across it compared to a panel not done and it should fell like glass. The detailer spray should work as a lubricant, it will take a long time and you will be sore the next day, but once your done and get a good coat of wax on you wont have to do it again. I went looking for a new container of liquid class wax yesterday and nobody has it on the shelf at autoparts stores anymore, so i bought it of their website. You may find it in an autobody supply store as well. You know you have the right one if it has like a 67 gold vette on the container. They also have new product for black plastic trim that you spray on that wont turn white I bought. Hope that helps. After your done you can use a california duster to clean the car instead of water

This is pretty much what I do. I've only washed my car once since I bought the car and that was because I got caught in the rain by accident. A good clay bar job and a quality wax will make a huge difference in the way a car looks.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote