View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #42
GTOphil

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Clint and Sean own TrueStreet Motorsports. I have known them both for many years and both are truly stand up guys and most importantly they are hot rod guys themselves who understand how important cars are to their customers. Being car guys themselves, they get it. They understand what we are all looking for when it comes to performance AND customer service. Most shops you only get one or the other to where at TS they go out of their way to provide both cuz they have been there themselves in previous years getting the same run around and frustration we have all dealt with at one time or another.

My car was tuned by TS and it runs flawlessly. With only a H pipe and a tune my car made 419/400 and not a single problem with it.

This subject of email tunes vs dyno tunes has been covered many times. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. The problem I have have with email/remote tunes is the risk you are taking doing unmonitored pulls that could cause damage before the final tune. In addition to that, with email/remote tunes from big tuners like Lund/AED/BBR etc, is that they are so busy they are now farming out their tunes to other people and God only knows who your car is really being tuned by.

With an in house tune, it's being done live on the spot and being monitored live on the dyno as the pulls are happening where damage can be prevented.
Oh I agree, I completely understand the email vs dyno tune. My previous car was dyno-tuned multiple times at another performance shop in DFW. The owner is a friend of mine and I'm sure he wouldn't love me going to somebody else...but they seem to cater more to LS and Mopars. The guy that does their LS tuning doesn't do their Ford tuning.

That's why I was asking about TS because I've heard good things about their Ford work. I will be getting a custom tune this year; I've just got a Bama tune for the time being. I'm stock (axle back) so I assume it's safe- although I know it's conservative.

Thanks.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote