View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
PCB

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
I would have waited until he agreed to pay. What happens if he just tells you to send them back?
I have a few options. Right now I have a case open with eBay. I added the pictures I posted here. With my 100% positive feedback (around 189) to his 100% feedback of 3 I have the upper hand here. eBay also favors the buyer in most situations. As you will read below, I will be more than happy to send the wheels back to him with certain conditions.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
What types of excuses is he making?

I get angry when I see people lie and rip off other people just to make some money, when more than likely they would throw a bitch fit if it were them getting ripped off. Honesty just isn't there anymore.
I opened the case with this:

"This is for my protection. I cannot afford to wait for you to answer my emails. The wheels in your listing never mentioned you had these refinished. Not only refinished but done badly. When I went to discount tire today to have the tires I already paid for mounted, the clear coat cracked and chipped. (It had already done that in numerous other places on all the wheels). Discount refused to mount the other tires on the wheels because of the damage it would cause. My only option was to use their service to have them refinished with a warranty. They are charging $187/wheel or $750. Otherwise these are $1300 paper weights. If your auction was accurately described as refinished wheels, not only would I have passed, but you would have been over priced. Please reply so we can come to an agreement. "

His first reply:

"1. In the message you stated that I did not say the wheels were not factory painted ("refinished"). In the description I clearly defined the wheels as "Custom Machine Face Silver with silver powder coat". Apart from that, I never stated they were factory painted either. Close up pictures of the wheels showed the finish of the wheel closely. Therefore, the item was described accurately. 2. I had tires mounted and unmounted twice with two different sets of tires at two different tire shops a couple of weeks prior to listing them. Tires can be mounted on those wheels without a problem and I know this for a fact as I had it done twice myself without any problem. It seems to me that you should be talking to the tire shop that you took the wheels to. They most likely tried taking advantage of the fact that you prepaid for mounting to sell you into paying $750 when not needed. If that tire shop can't or won't mount the tires, that is on their behalf.The wheels even had tires when I listed."

My reply:

"Afternoon, In your auction you NEVER stated that the wheels were refurbished or refinished. I quote "The wheels come as you see them, one of them has a scratch as I showed in the picture." You then set the price that was a little overpriced for a used set. (That wouldn't need to be refinished) Per the Selling Policies of ebay: 1. Specify the condition of the item 2. Describe any defects or flaws in the item—this helps avoid problems or buyer dissatisfaction. 3. When selling a used, refurbished, or flawed item, you must include photos of the actual item for sale instead of a stock photo. -Again you never stated you had these refinished and/or refurbished. You took pictures from a distance that would not show damage or the flaws, and you took up close pictures of un-effected areas and stated there was one scratch. I have 6 pictures of the horrible condition of these wheels that you sold to me at a price where they shouldn't have had to been repaired. There is paint/clear chipping/peel"

His Reply:

"Alright, I apologize for the miscommunication that has happened throughout this transaction. I would be willing to refund you $200 to settle this situation and that way you would also avoid having to pay shipping to return the item.

My Reply:

"I appreciate your offer, but you need to pay half of the refinishing work on these wheels seeing that you knew they would have to be done when you shipped them. All I am asking for is half which would be $375. There are two ways we can come to an agreement. Refund me $375 for your half of the refinish work, or I can send the wheels back as long as you refund my money for the tires I already bought, the refinish work I already paid for, the shipping back to you and my original $1289.00 for the wheels. I do not think I am being unrealistic in my requests. You went against eBay policies, sold me a set of refinished wheels and didn't declare it, went out of your way to manipulate pictures and after all this you still have a buyer willing to pay 1/2 to get these wheels fixed when you should have done so before selling. I am still willing to give positive feedback if you are willing to split the refinishing costs. If you think this is unfair we can wait to see what eBay has to say."
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote