View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
SoCalTexan

Default Exhaust decision

Hi everybody! Brand new here and first post.

I bought my 3rd Mustang last summer - '11 GT Brembo. Mods are slow going, but it will hopefully be exhaust time soon. I'm considering the Flowmaster Outlaw cat-back or an MBRP cat-back. But I also like the idea of the Magnaflow quad-tip axle-back (I love quad tips), or the RTR comp spec axle-back.

Does anyone here have any of these exhausts? Even the best sound clips are unreliable because you can't ever hear multiple exhaust in the same uncut video to know how they truly compare.

I think I'm most interested in the Flow due to the included crossover and the overall quality of the sound. I'm just not sure how truly loud it is and what the drone is like - the reviews I've read go to both extremes with some saying hardly any drone and some saying their brain liquefied and ran out of their ear.

I don't want the loudest car out there or loud just for the sake of loud. I want a good, deep, rumbly sound that is tolerable in traffic but mean when I get on it. If it has to be one or the other, I'll take deep and rumbly over loud.

I had a Magnaflow Competition cat-back on my '05, and I loved that exhaust. I would not mind this one being a little bit louder, but that one had great sound characteristics and the drone was manageable.

What I'd really love is to meet up with some folks who have any of the above setups and hear it for myself - in person.

Thanks everyone!
SoCalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote