Thread: 2015 c7 z
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #51
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
What you're failing to realize is that both Junkie and Strokd have FAR FAR more racing experience and have been MUCH faster than you ever have in many different types of cars and they are telling you from personal experience. You're taking your information straight off the internet from God knows where like some hack journalist with a personal agenda who is being paid for their endorsement. Many of us have already seen what the new Vette's are doing on the street and they are pretty much on par with C6 performance or even slightly weaker.
No it's not that at all. I have great respect for their personal experience and race knowledge. I don't doubt that they may have in fact seen someone drive a C6 faster than a C7 but, as we all know, that doesn't equate that C6s are faster than C7s. Not stock for stock. If you put the same driver in a C6 in a C7, the C7 will be faster all day everyday.

I don't agree that a few handfulls of instances dictate overall performance and drivers across the board. I highly doubt Chevrolet would spend this much R&D to make more power, use better tires, make the car more slippery to make it accelerate slower than the previous car. I know Ferrari got away with it with the F50 from the F40 but not on the home front .

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT