View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #39
Luke

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
What exactly does the ice do? Ive always wondered why people do that, I figured it would crack things because of the sudden temp change.

Im assuming you're talking of throwing it on top of the motor.
I put ice in the intercooler reservoir, and another bag on top of the blower.

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
Yeah, been looking at them already! LOL! The funny part is that the IAT was lower 5 minutes after I left and got on the highway than it EVER was the whole time I was at the track. It cools pretty decent when moving, but needs a better way to cool the car when sitting still. Either the big trunk mounted reservoir and a couple bags of ice, or the KC.
Cobra guys will jump the wire to the intercooler pump to run while the car is off, I'm sure you could do the same, just have to find which connections/relay. 2 things though, don't kill your battery or have a back up and don't forget to put coolant back in during the winter.

I could load up with ice before a run, go through the staging lanes with the car off as much as possible, then make one pass and the water would already be warm/hot. Just from icing it down though you could tell the car ran much better. If you can find a "bag your own ice" station, it'll become a good friend!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote