Thread: 2011 5.0
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post
DirtyD just let me know I'm sure my neighbor can beat that price.

Ok update on my car. They called me and told me it was ready, they said water pump failure was makin ticking noise. I picked it up and went about 2 miles and still had the same engine tick, so I went right back and actually had the tech, advisor and shop foreman take a listen. Shop foreman confirmed that it is internal engine noise, he said sounds like lifter is bleeding off when fully warmed up and causing ticking. So they are going to give me a call tomorrow after they inspect the cams and followers and whatever else is in the valve train. So my engine will have had a lot of work done to it at 20k miles, I don't feel too good about that. Fml
They did a tsb on mine to the ac belt and pulley and said it was fixed. I didnt hear it anymore until right after I changed my oil a few weeks ago. The first time it did it, it was right after an oil change. I get so sick of them taking my car from me I'm going to drive it until something happens or right up until the warranty is almost up. The dealer obviously cant figure it out, I've heard people get new engines over the tick. It happens in 5.0 f150s as well.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote