Thread: DFW tuners
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #73
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
But Steve was all about the shop that blew the most cars up...
Go back and search my posts and reread what I said. I've always said, I have no issue with anyone stating their issues with ANY shop that they have had first hand. My problem is with all the people who were just running their mouths from second/third hand information that had nothing to do with them, or their cars. My issue was with the people who were personally slandering Clint when they don't know the guy, or ever dealt with him, but rather getting their information from someone else who wasn't telling the complete truth about their car and what happened because they were embarrassed or didn't completely understand the ramifications of beating on a car before it was ready.

Has TS made mistakes? Absolutely. ALL shops do, because they are run by humans who make mistakes. If you stay at HPP long enough, the same things will happen there too. Why? Because it's just part of the hobby. Shit breaks and people screw up.

You're young, I've already gone down that path you are now learning the hobby, the shop shuffle, blah blah blah. In time you will see, it's just how the hobby goes if you stay in it long enough. Eventually, you'll also figure out something about accountibilty, that at the end of the day you really only have yourself to blame for shit going wrong with your car because you made the decision to modify it.

The one rule that has ALWAYS stood true about this hobby - Cheap, fast, reliable - choose two.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Your young so I'm trying to let some of this slide but your making it very hard to. You were nut hugging true street for years and they never did anything wrong to your car. Now your nut hugging HPP, which is fine but let's not try to distort or make up facts. To say true street has blown up more cars than any other shop in town is laughable. I won't bring up names or experience but when you don't know what your talking about you might want to keep your mouth shut. So you had a couple friends that have had bad experiences there, who gives a shit. I could go on for hours about the shit I know about some of the shops in town and what they have done to people cars. Every shop has had or had theses problems.

I can name shops that don't even tune their own cars, they use internet tuners to tune them. I can tell you that one of the people in this thread doesn't realize his car was tuned by somebody he is bashing because the shop couldn't tune his car, then the shop couldn't afford to pay the tuner once he was done. I don't say the things I know because well it's not my place and frankly I don't care. People are going to take their cars where they want and if you can't accept that or think you need to add your .02 in about a shop your in the wrong business.
Yep. Agreed.

The performance shops industry is a SHITTY business to get into in the first place. I knew Clint WAY before he ever got into it when he was still working in the mortgage business. I told him then, don't do it. Not because I didn't think he couldn't make it work, but rather because its a shitty business model full of stress.

It's a business based on building powerful cars for people you know for 100% certain are going to go out and beat the snot out of it. Most customers don't have a fucking clue about their cars which is why they are willing to take the car to a shop, write a check to have some guys they don't know build their car for them. When shit goes wrong -its the shops fault, never the guy behind the wheel beating the fuck out of a car who is suppose to be giving the car "break-in" miles rather than standing the car on the rev-limiter all night long.

Stick around the scene long enough and you will see the main guys (owners) of the shops tend to stay the same, but the shop mechanics are constantly changing and they eventually make it to every shop around town. A lot of these shop mechanics aren't professionally educated, certified type mechanics, but rather guys just like us who have been around awhile turning wrenches, the difference is they are willing to do the work for pay.

At the end of all of this, the only thing that has come from it all is causing bad blood between people over trivial shit and now DFW50s has a less than stellar reputation. All the shops in question are still in business, still thriving and life will go on. So all of this BS has been and will be for nothing.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote