View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #24
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Nice run! Sucks about the bipolar Texas weather though
Well, that is racing though. What upset me was bikers complaining during the drivers meeting before we attempted to run on Sunday. Many just wanted to hear their own voices I guess when the track marshall stated it was still too dangerous for bikes to run, but as the cars warmed the track they would open it back up to bikes. Losing 15 minutes there prevented about 15 cars from going (which I was in line to make it).

I may try an event like this again though, but depending on where I am at in the country will dictate where I do it. I want to try the Mojave Mile and Mile and a Half event they have out there in California.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Awesome! Congrats man.

That Shelby though...weird...
The Shelby was great looking in person in my opinion . Black with painted gold stripes is a good color combo. Surprised on the turnout this year. Once again, mostly American Muscle cars. A couple Euro cars were there (Porsche 911's, Aventador, VW Golf, BMW M's, Mercedes AMG's), but the Asian car showing was slim to nil. Outside of a couple GTR's (the RX-7.0 doesn't count with the LS7 under the hood), there was only one Nissan 240SX that made a couple runs but didn't do anything spectacular.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote