View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #43
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Most OEM is 4300k. I tried 5k in my Is300 one time and hated it. I was always getting high beamed. LOL I like it to keep it simple and clean. The only real reason I started using yellow fogs was because the Is300 came with them from the factory. Ihate having that those cars behind me or oncoming. Cant see shit and I know they cant either.
Yeah, you are correct. I thin some leans a little more towards 4400-4500K, like Benz and BMW, or their projector setups are just that awesome with amazing color shift.

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Exactly. Also the human eye is more sensitive to green or violet than yellow/white. The horrible glare from those bluish bulbs gives people the misconception that they're brighter than halogen when in reality they're not and you're screwed on a rainy night going down a dark road.
I've tried explaining that to people, but they are ignorant. On top of what you stated, blue light is the most sensitive to light refraction than any other color, which is why those blue lights are completely worthless in the rain, and dangerous to other drivers because of the glare they create. I love coming up beside a donk or some other hoopty running 8000K+ HIDs and completely drowing out their light pattern with my headlights on my car.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote