View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
jrhagen

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Way up North man! We had a ski hill right on base and got to use it every Winter. I worked there as a civilian DoD contractor for Lockheed in the late 80's. Even bought a house while I was there (cheaper than renting at the time). Recently sold the house to the AF family that had been in it since I left in '92. Would love to travel back someday and see all the old sites.
You were lucky you could afford to buy, it must have been cheaper up there. I was in Kansai at the same time period and housing prices were crazy.

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
It wasn't the same back then as it is now. It was just another car at the time. The locals didn't like them much, at least where I was (400 miles North of Tokyo). I ended up selling it and getting a Nissan S'Cargo so I could carry groceries and things.

They seemed much more impressed with the Mini, or the '85 VF1000R Interceptor I had shipped in from the States (Japanese citizens, at that time, couldn't legally own a motorcycle larger than 250cc).
I had a ZZR 750 but it had to be double exported to buy it. Loophole in the law.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote