View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #20
46Tbird

oh really

Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Originally Posted by Steve
Hey, I was wondering what is your suspension setup on your car? I started a search for it cuz I'm sure I saw it somewhere but it's buried under tons of BS I think. Haha.

I think your car sits perfectly on the 20's and I'm curious how you achieved your stance. (If you don't mind sharing that info with me) I watched you drive off leaving the meet and you car looks amazing rolling filling the fenderwells just right.

Thanks,

-steve.
LOL, thanks. Eibach Sportlines and a UPR adjustable panhard rod to center the rear end. That's it. Ater 13k miles, the shocks and struts on mine are shot, so I'll be replacing them later this month.

You'll want... no, NEED... to get some better shocks/struts when you do the springs. The '11-12 upper strut mounts are absolute trash, so get some quality aftermarket '05-10 caster/camber plates or at least some beefier '07-10 GT500 upper strut mounts. This will require that you get '05-10 struts, but they work fine, and they are easier to find too.

Sam Strano is well-known for autocross and road race suspension parts for a lot of different cars. He has a SICK deal for S197 Konis right now, take a look at his site. http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=64&ModelID=5

PS, he hates Sportlines. I would suggest Steeda Ultralites, I may get a set of them when I do the shocks/struts on my car.

Later-
Danny
Cool deal, I will look into that. Any idea how the ride quality will be that setup? I'm kinda enjoying the nice smooth ride at the moment, it's nice not to be getting the harsh ride for a change. I know I'm getting old when I'm enjoying the quiet cabin ride, smooth ride and the quiet exhaust. lol. A friend of mine showed me how to remove the foam inserts from the cabin hose to allow the motor noise in the cabin. It sounded cool, but it interfered with the Sync at times and with the addition of his loud exhaust, it seemed more like a foxbody after doing all of that which I definetly do not want anymore.

Thanks for your help.

-steve