View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 PM   #14
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
So many variables that have to align perfectly I'm guessing. I've worked with a trainer and everything (that was a waste) and got no insight at all on what I should be doing.
There are different body types, ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph. I forget which ones are which but, if your the skinny type like me, then you need to plan accordingly and eat A LOT of food. I am 6'0 and used to be 145lbs. I am now closer to 200lbs. Takes a lot of work. Working out is about 40% of it, diet is the rest. Your not working out nearly as much as you are eating so it is very crucial. Also remember that not all trainers are good trainers. Also remember form > amount of weight. If you have sloppy form, your results won't be accurate especially if using free weights. Pulley machines take away most of the force needed to move the actual weight, so doing 50lbs on a machine is much easier than 50lbs of the same movement with a bar. You also have to account for when you are eating. One of the guys I check out on youtube is Lee Hayward. Lots of good info from him.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote