View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
It has a lot to do with what's popular in the culture at any given time.
Apparently these cars are very much pop culture.

Originally Posted by unit_three View Post
Price difference between a brand new loaded Honda vs a loaded Mustang is pretty big.
I went to Edmunds.com and priced the following cars without actually building up options.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 no Nav $30,860
2013 Scion FRS 10 Series $28,180
2013 Volkswagen CC Sport Plus $33,820

Now these cars are slightly cheaper. Now considering the mods that are done for the most part like coilovers ~$2,000, very nice forged wheels ~$4,500 and tires $1,000, you can see the cost of a powerful domestic is well within reason if not cheaper. Look better driving too

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Personally I'm not big on the whole stance thing but I can see the reasoning behind it. Some people just don't need or want the speed that a muscle car or sports car delivers, plus insurance costs(in most cases), and features available at the price point

Like if I hadn't wanted a 5.0 for the past 3 years; I would've highly considered a passat, cc, accord, mazda 6, fusion ecoboost, altima, etc due to the features they come with in the low $30k msrp price point
Interesting point. What features are these cars coming with, that domestics don't get for $30k?

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Ive owned Rsx's, Is300's, civics before and the reason for me was making something not quick at all into somethng surprising. Say what you will about Japanese car but the parts are second to none. Ive yet to see a domestic manufacturer have such high quality products.
I'll admit that interior fit and finish is not equal to that of Honda or Toyota but, it certainly isn't bad in comparison. Not from what I can see. I've dated girls with daily driven imports, and for $30k, I did not see what the big deal was with the interiors. I do respect the nice imports such as Evos, Supras, STis, RX7s, Mitsubishi GTOs etc.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote