Thread: z/28 review. .
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:09 AM   #34
donutninja

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Here is the link to the recent road/track test to Motortrend's YouTube review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbdhNc_36Kc

I love my Mustang (and would love to challenge and lose to a Z/28), but this thing is out of the Boss's league. The Boss was targeted between the GT500 and the GT. Ford isn't bringing the Boss back, but I am sure a track targeted edition is coming out but not at the level of the Z/28. Don't get me wrong, I still love the ponycar wars that are going on and can't wait for Ford's response but I'm sure the GT350/Mach 1/SVT Cobra or whatever the top dog is going to be called is targeted straight at the ZL1 for all around performance.

I think Chevy did this just to flex their muscles and give a last hurrah to the LS7. This Z/28 challenges the GTR, which is regarded as the giant killer (at $115k+) so to me the Z/28 is a bargain.
Ah, I didn't realize the Boss line was over with. We'll see what happens. I think the new mustang is definitely going after the track day enthusiast a little more than the straight line or maybe they're just modernizing. I was never an American car guy until this past year but have always loved the rivalry between the pony cars.

I am going to miss the LS7. heck. who isn't? You can't deny that was a great motor.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote